MediCopy Services is a meaningful Health Information Exchange company that prides itself on the secure delivery of protected health information.
The Licensed Practical Nurse on staff will be required to use their knowledge to offer guidance to the disability team in an effort to provide quick, efficient and proficient means for the management and distribution of protected health information (PHI) to multiple healthcare facilities. The LPN will serve as a disability account specialist, who is a direct contact to both the patient and the medical facility. This position will provide the necessary documentation in order for the patient to be relieved from work on both Short & Long Term basis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Highlight the responsibilities. Understand and abide by all HIPAA privacy and security laws
- Interpret and apply HIPAA rules to release PHI requests
- Validate all incoming requests, by verifying patient information using key identifiers
- Conduct quality screenings on incoming PHI to protect the patient data
- Update and maintain an Accounting of Disclosures Log for all medical records released
- Provide attention and care to patients and patient representatives
- Adhere to MediCopy's 3 day turnaround time
- This position plays a critical role in the functionality of the Disability Department and is a direct report to the Director of Operations, Blake McConnell.
Qualifications and Skills
Successful candidates in this position should be self-motivated, have a desire to be a part of an enthusiastic team, enjoy meaningful work. Candidates should be willing to put forth the same effort the company is willing to expend in return. You will be required to review, evaluate, and process Disability/ FMLA paperwork to include the completion of Short Term, Long Term, Family and Medical Leave Act forms provided to you by the patient.
- Have knowledge of navigating throughout a medical chart via Electronic medical records program.
- Ability to read an Electronic medical record.
- Research medical information within the patient's chart.
Benefits and Perks
- Tenure Based Paid Time Off Program
- 401K Offered to all FT employees after 12 months of service.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Health Coverage
- Guardian Dental, Vision, Short Term, Long Term, and Life Insurance Coverage
- Extra Perks
- Relaxed Dress Code and Culture
- Employee of the Quarter Recognition,
- Monthly Iknowawesome drawings for PTO
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Holiday Potlucks